From MCIS Wiki
CS 120: Information Management and Analysis
Next Test: October 12
This course will cover, in depth, the essentials of word-processing, spreadsheets, photo editing, presentation software and web page design. Applications will be presented from various fields.
This course concentrates on using computers to store, analyze, process, and visualize data, primarily with Excel. We will briefly cover presentation software and word processing. The class will conclude with an introduction to building websites.
Policies are covered in the syllabus.
Upcoming tests are posted here. It is your responsibility to know when tests are coming. Expect a test every 3 weeks or so.
- Student Information Sheet
- Practice 1 - Basic Formulas Worksheet 1 (do not turn in)
- Assignment 1 - Friendly Sam CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Sam - Due Wednesday, Sept 2
- Practice 2 - Edit, Fill, Format and Validate CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Worksheet 2 (do not turn in)
- Practice 3 - Graphing and Verification CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Graph And Verify (do not turn in)
- Assignment 2 - Employee Evaluation CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Evaluation - Due Friday, September 11
- Practice 4 - Graphs media:CIS120-s10-excel-graphs.xls (do not turn in)
- Exam 1 Review - media:CS129-f15-review1.xls (do not turn in)
- Assignment 3 - Graphing and Conditional Formatting CIS120/Excel Homeworks/River - Due Friday, September 25
- Practice 5 - Filter and Sort Filter and Sort (do not turn in)
- * Assignment 4 - Census data - Due Monday, October 12
- Practice 6 - Dates, times, and SumIf, and CountIf
- Assignment 5 - Sales Report
- Practice 7 - Pivot Tables and Charts - Textbook chapter 33
- Assignment 6 - Pivot Tables
- Practice 8: Tables media:tables-s11.zip (do not turn in)
- Assignment 7: Word Homework
- Practice 9: CIS120/Powerpoint Homework - not turned in.
- Assignment 8: Powerpoint
- Practice 10: Gimp - covers the skills needed for the homework and the test
- Practice 11: CIS120/Inkscape Examples
- Assignment 9: Web Graphics
- Assignment 10: Websites