From MCIS Wiki
CS 120: Information Management and Analysis
This course will cover, in depth, the essentials of word-processing, spreadsheets, photo editing, presentation software and web page design. Applications will be presented from various fields.
This course concentrates on using computers to store, analyze, process, and visualize data, primarily with Excel. We will briefly cover presentation software and word processing. The class will conclude with an introduction to building websites.
Policies are covered in the syllabus.
All work must be submitted by December 16.
- Student Information Sheet
- Practice 1 - Basic Formulas Worksheet 1 (do not turn in)
- Assignment 1 - Friendly Sam CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Sam - Due Wednesday, Sept 2
- Practice 2 - Edit, Fill, Format and Validate CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Worksheet 2 (do not turn in)
- Practice 3 - Graphing and Verification CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Graph And Verify (do not turn in)
- Assignment 2 - Employee Evaluation CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Evaluation - Due Friday, September 11
- Practice 4 - Graphs media:CIS120-s10-excel-graphs.xls (do not turn in)
- Exam 1 Review - media:CS129-f15-review1.xls (do not turn in)
- Assignment 3 - Graphing and Conditional Formatting CIS120/Excel Homeworks/River - Due Friday, September 25
- Practice 5 - Filter and Sort Filter and Sort (do not turn in)
- Assignment 4 - Census data - Due Monday, October 12
- Practice 6 - Dates, times, and SumIf, and CountIf - do not turn in
- Assignment 5 - Sales Report - Due Wednesday, Oct 21
- Assignment 6 - Pivot Tables - Due Tuesday, Oct 27
- Practice 8: Tables media:tables-s11.zip (do not turn in)
- Practice 9: Instructions: media:wordw1.doc, Text to edit: media:word2.doc, A picture you need to use: lion.jpg
- Assignment 7: Word Homework - Due Wednesday, Nov 11
- Practice 10: CIS120/Powerpoint Homework - not turned in.
- Assignment 8: Powerpoint - Due Wednesday, Nov 18
- Practice 11: Gimp - covers the skills needed for the homework and the test
- Assignment 9: Web Graphics using Powerpoint and Gimp - Due Monday, December 7
- Assignment 10: /Websites-f15 - Using Wordpress to create a website. Due Wednesday, Dec 16