From MCIS Wiki
CIS 120: Information Management and Analysis
This course will cover, in depth, the essentials of word-processing, spreadsheets, photo editing, presentation software and web page design. Applications will be presented from various fields.
This course concentrates on using computers to store, analyze, process, and visualize data, primarily with Excel. We will briefly cover presentation software and word processing. The class will conclude with an introduction to building websites.
Policies are covered in the syllabus.
Textbook" Excel 2013 Bible
There will be an Excel test on Friday, October 3. You must notify me in advance if you cannot attend this class.
- Student Information Sheet
- Practice 1 - Basic Formulas Worksheet 1 (do not turn in)
- Assignment 1 - Friendly Sam CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Sam (due Saturday, August 30)
- Practice 2 - Edit, Fill, Format and Validate CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Worksheet 2 (do not turn in)
- Practice 3 - Graphing and Verification CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Graph And Verify (do not turn in)
- Assignment 2 - Employee Evaluation CIS120/Excel Homeworks/Evaluation (Due on Thursday, September 11)
- Practice 4 - Graphs media:CIS120-s10-excel-graphs.xls (do not turn in)
- Assignment 3 - Graphing and Conditional Formatting CIS120/Excel Homeworks/River (due Tuesday, Sept 23)
- Practice 5 - Filter and Sort Filter and Sort (do not turn in)
- Assignment 4 - Census data (due Thursday, October 2, midnight)
- Practice 6 - Dates, times, and SumIf, and CountIf
- Assignment 5 - Sales Report (due Tuesday, October 14)
- Practice 7 - Pivot Tables and Charts - Textbook chapter 33
- Assignment 6 - Pivot Tables (due Thursday, October 23)
- Practice 8: Tables media:tables-s11.zip (do not turn in)
- Assignment 7: Word Homework (Due Tuesday, November 5)
- Practice 9: CIS120/Powerpoint Homework - not turned in.
- Assignment 8: Powerpoint (due Tuesday, November 11)
- Practice 10: Gimp - covers the skills needed for the homework and the test
- Practice 11: CIS120/Inkscape Examples
- Assignment 9: Web Graphics - due Monday, December 15.
- Assignment 10: Websites - this will be posted after break.