All projects are due at midnight on a Wednesday. Submit them through Blackboard as a zip file containing the entire project. If you work with someone else one of you submits a zip file and the other submits a comment "worked with XXX".
The text for this class is Java Illuminated - third edition (https://www.amazon.com/Java-Illuminated-Active-Learning-Approach/dp/1449632017). There are just a few in the bookstore so order online as soon as you can if they run out.
- Week 1: Basic Java Skills. Project: Basic Java.
- Week 2: Arrays and Random Numbers. Project: none
- Week 3: Read Chapter 7 in the text - 7.1 - 7.4 for Friday. Project: Array Animation.
- Week 4: GUIs and Object Oriented Programming. Project: Pong.
- Week 5: Classes and Array Lists. Project: Pong with Objects.
- Week 6: Inheritance. Project: Breakout 1.
- Week 7: Interfaces, Stacks, and Queues Project: Breakout 2.
- Week 8: Project: Stacks and Queues.
- Week 9: No project. Midterm exam, Friday, March 10. Review session Wednesday night.
- Week 10: String Operations Read Chapter 11 in the text - 11.1 - 11.5 for Wednesday. Project: Word Salad.
- Week 11: The Object Class, Recursion Read Chapter 13 in the text - 13.1 - 13.2 for Wednesday Project: Fractal 1
- Week 12: Design Patterns Project: Fractal 2
- Week 13: Test #2! Project Fractal 3
- Week 14: Project: Maps 1
- Week 15: Project: Maps 2