Computer Camp 2011
Computer Camp 2011
The official start time is 4pm, Sunday, June 19 in Hurst 101.
What to Bring
- Waiver / information form
- Clothes, both outdoor and indoor
- All bedding is provided
- Personal care items
- Swimwear and sandals or other footware that can get wet
- Sun lotion / hat
- A camera is optional - we'll be in some very nice places. We'll be taking pictures throughout the week and posting them for you on our site.
- Computer games - they are allowed to install whatever games they want in our lab
- Mountain bike (not that necessary but nice to have)
- Payment - Check for $500 made out to Western State College
Emergency Contact Numbers
- CIS department administrative assistant: 970 943 7120 (Daytime only)
- Mike (camp student assistant) 303-408-3709 - use this if you have problems on the day of arrival
- Wilderness Pursuits: 970 943 7107
- Conference Services: 970 209 1422 (this reaches the people who supervise the dorms)
Photos and Videos
Watch here for photos and videos from the camp.
- Monday it was too cold to raft so we went to Hartman Rocks for biking and hiking
- Tuesday we went to Hartman Rocks for biking and climbing
- Wednesday we went to Blue Mesa for sea kayaking and paddleboarding
- Thursday we rafted the Gunnison river through town - no problems with the high water.
Videos are coming slowly - here's a few from the first day:
- http://www.youtube.com/user/bomepie#p/a/u/0/uX-PCcd3O7g (Sarah)
- http://www.youtube.com/user/bomepie#p/a/u/1/EVwdHON2QpY (Max)
- http://www.youtube.com/user/bomepie#p/a/u/2/V6Eh7_BA6Ao (Brett)
- http://www.youtube.com/user/bomepie#p/u/3/C8iygxW8UhY (Adam)
Friday Night Cookout
We will meet at Dr. Peterson's House at 6pm Friday. Everyone is welcome - we'll be showing off the work our students have done.
|Theme||Introduction||Dodge Games||Shooting Gallery||Maze Game||Projects|
|8-10||Intro to Panda||Reactive Programming / Python Programming||Interpolation, Collision Detection, Collections||Maze Program, camera control||End Day: Project Work|
|Recreation||Hiking and Climbing at Hartmans||Rock Climbing / Mountain Biking at Hartman Rocks||Sea Kayaking at Blue Mesa||Rafting the Gunnison||Rafting and Kayaking on the Taylor|
|2:30-5||Motion... Picture Blasting||Projectile motion, trajectories, random numbers and coordinate systems||Joints, Python programming, collections||Rolling ball or other physics, interacting characters||End Day: Project Work|
|5-6||Texturing/Gimp||Dodge Game||Shooting Gallery Game||Maze Game||Parent Showcase / Cookout|
|7-9||Dynamic Geometry / Name Tag||Solid Models||Dancing Sonic (Scripts)||Jointed Models||Parent Showcase / Cookout|
These rooms are in the Hermosa complex.
- 201H Jim, Adam
- 202H Evan, Ethan
- 203H Chris, Brian
- 204H Sarah, Jennette
- 205H Eric
- 206H Martin, Max
- 207H Brett, Ben