Computer Camp 2013
From MCIS Wiki
- 1 Camp 2013
- 2 SLIDESHOW
- 2.1 Taylor
- 2.2 Brian
- 2.3 Everett
- 2.4 Jackson
- 2.5 Zach P
- 2.6 Jon
- 2.7 Allison
- 2.8 Derek
- 2.9 Max
- 2.10 Miller
- 2.11 Zachary
- 2.12 Wyatt
- 2.13 Reactive Programming for the Panda3D Game Engine
- 2.14 Weekly ToDo:
- 2.15 Loaders
- media: WyattNameTag.zip
- media: WyattDodge.zip
- media: WyattDisplayCaseFixed.zip
- media: WyattSnake.zip
Reactive Programming for the Panda3D Game Engine
Summer 2013 Software Projects
- Rethink all naming issues
- Remove all methods from user code (done)
- New model parameter files (done)
- Rework reactive engine to use primitives more (no)
- Remove type checking (no)
- Error message improvements
- Zero object to remove setType
- Reorganize files (no)
- Fix unneeded caching in signal representation (no)
- Implicit collections (done)
- Reactive textures (done)
- Better collision detection - can we use Panda collision detection? (no)
- Fix gravity problem
- Remove looping from collection hits (done)
- Fix handling of statics (no)
- Add event value arg to lbp, rbp. Incompatible with old code! (done)
- Bezier.py - no major changes
- Button.py - merge to a general GUI file
- Collection.py - maybe merge with another file. Look at making collections implicit as an argument to the model factory.
- Color.py - could have more constructors / color functions. Maybe HSV / HSL?
- DynamicGeometry.py - probably needs some API rethinking
- Errors.py - all messages probably need some work
- FRP.py - needs a major rework!
- Handle.py - major work needed. Can we separate this from panda3d?
- Interp.py - needs cleanup
- Light.py - no major changes
- Maze.py - can we make this faster? Remove the force stuff. Think about API. Think about a designer program.
- Menu.py - move to general GUI file
- Model.py - Major cleanup! Needs model parameter loading stuff
- Models.py - should become obsolete
- Numerics.py - maybe some more math functions?
- PEffect.py - re-evaluate built-in effects. Particle panel working?
- Panda.py - needs to track other changes
- Physics.py - what else can go here? Bounce code?
- PoseAndScriptFiles.py - reconsider how to use this in the camp
- Racetrack.py - maybe merge with maze.py?
- Roll.py - is this working? Maybe put this in physics. Develop an activity!
- Shrine.py - move this to demos
- Signal.py - major changes!
- Slider.py - move to GUI module. More kinds of sliders?
- Sound.py - anything to do?
- StaticNumerics.py - same as Numerics
- Switchers.py - maybe should be in FRP.py
- Text.py - move to GUI. Needs some more built-in modes.
- TextBox.py - move to GUI.
- Time.py - need to refactor a little to keep Panda3d separate from reactive engine
- Tunnel.py - delete
- Types.py - can simplify because type inference is going away
- Utils.py - need to rethink organization of this
- World.py - remove crap like glow / shadow
- g.py - better way to do this?
- Renaming -- EJ
- HPR constructor
- arrow_up -> upArrow - for all arrow keys -- world.py
- Examples -- EJ
- Pull from old handouts
- Demos -- EJ
- Pull from student work
- macej and luke collaboration
- maya versions
- work on texture issues w/maya
- sort through 2009/ 2010 Demos
- remove svn folders
- change modelHandel in student code to model
- setup image