Spring Staff Training 2007
From WP Wiki
Several new and returning WP/WBO staff got together for 5 days on rock and snow for some serious technical skills training.
- Day 1: Training Goals and Expectations. Rock anchor clinic at Hartman Rocks
- Day 2: More rock anchors, ground school, risk management and climbing in Taylor Canyon
- Day 3: Travel into Baxter Basin in the Paradise Divide area above Crested Butte. Snow travel, ice axe use and camp set up. We summited Cascade Peak in the afternoon.
- Day 4: Travel into Augusta Basin, climb Augusta and Mineral Point, descend into Poverty Gulch
- Day 5: Climb Purple Mountain. We turned around just shy of the summit due to softening snow conditions. Debrief at the van and bon voyage.
Check out the rest of the photos here